Data Engineering Training ProgramGrow your skills to solve technical and organizational data challenges
Some of the topics that we cover in our training are: writing maintainable code; Docker; continues integration and continues delivery; working in a cloud environment; building data intensive and distributed systems; building batch or streaming processes; Hadoop; Spark; Kafka.
Consolidating Software Engineering Knowledge
Because we put an emphasis on practices and principles rather than tools, we start with consolidating your software engineering knowledge. Then we move into things like continuous integration, continuous delivery, tools like Docker. We talk of course about tools that are mainly specific for data engineering, like Hadoop and Spark. We are going to also touch details, like for example how do you work with a batch process or a Spark process.
During the boot camp or any other training day, usually we have the theory part and then we have some sort of exercises. We also organize hackathons, where you are given a problem to solve. We then work together on solving the problem.
After the boot camp, every week, you work from the Xccelerated office. Together with the rest of your group, you attend training sessions on different kind of topics, both soft skills and technical skills. This program is really about continuous learning.
“For me, the most important thing is that I feel like the Xccelerated team is genuinely investing time and energy in my development. We get a lot of personal attention in order to sharpen our skills”
Topics of The Xccelerated Data Engineering Training Program
- Data Engineering with Python
- Data Engineering with Scala
- Data Engineering with Spark
- Functional data engineering with Airflow
- Machine learning model deployment
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Streaming Algorithms
- Streaming Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Designing data storage systems
- Graph databases
- Cloud-native data engineering
- Soft skills
“I’m impressed by the guidance I am getting from the many experts I am surrounded with while working at Xccelerated. It helps me become an expert myself as well!”
For Who Is The Xccelerated Data Engineering Training Program
Most of the Xccelerators are software engineers, they have a background working as a software engineer and they want to move into data engineering.
You should join Xccelerated because we spend time to actually teach you. We care about your education, where you go is also our image imprinted in your skills.
What we teach are principles and practices you can use day-by-day in your job. We don’t teach you just specific tools, we don’t necessarily teach you certain API’s. Because those things you can learn yourself. But, we try to guide you how to learn and how to put that in practice day-by-day.
Does This Sound Like You?
- A finished Technical Bachelor or Master degree (Computer Science, Informatics, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering);
- Relevant work experience (1 – 3 years) from an internship at a company, job on the side while studying or/and work experience as a software/data engineer;
- You are eager to learn new things every day, you want to know everything about the newest technologies and like to work with colleagues with a passion for data & software engineering;
- You enjoy to help the business in getting more value out of their data and applications;
- You love programming, preferably in Python.
When Does The Next Data Engineering Training Program Start?
The next Data Science Training Program starts on October 1st, 2019.
“Xccelerated helps to decrease the gap between software engineering and the Data Science world. I am now learning how to approach Data Engineering challenges.”
If you have any questions, please contact Samantha Alves Goncalves through email@example.com or telephone number 06-13889770.